Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite game(s)

5 posters

Go down

Your favourite game(s) Empty Your favourite game(s)

Post by Fenni Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 am

Figured I'd spice up the Other Games section a bit. In this thread I'd like to ask you what your favourite game or games are (Think game series)

Having been a gamer pretty much all my life, I've played a lot of games on multiple consoles. When I was younger I always used to despise (not sure if I spelled that correctly) the Final Fantasy series because there were so many games and I didn't like the gameplay at all, being turn-based and all. Few years back I wished I could kick little old me from back then in the face because after finishing Final Fantasy VIII... Wow.

!!!WARNING, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

I finally decided to buy both Final Fantasy VII and VIII, finished both by now but 8 (I'll just go with this for now, haha) has left such an impact on me after finishing it. It starts out really simple and boring. But once you get to the end of disc 1 the story finally starts picking up bigtime. The whole idea of a modern world with something old such as a sorceress is very interesting to me, as well as having to go through time to stop said sorceress.

Gameplay is something people didn't seem to like, mainly the Draw system. What this means is that you "Draw" magic from enemies and store them. The magic you store can then be used to power up your stats. You can do it with just 5 of one magic, but going for the maximum, 100, will have the greatest effect on your stats. Because of this, you can spend quite some time on first-time encounters or bosses due to having to draw 100 of each magic you havent seen before. It might also be risky, of course... For bosses anyway, but that's not important.
If you do take your time to draw 100 magic you get rewarded with a very nice stat boost, which I find really fun. Spend time early on and you can be extremely powerful at lower levels. Though you're gonna have to do some card games if you want to do that. Oh, Triple Triad, how I hate you.

Anyhoo. The combination of interesting, yet time-consuming gameplay elements, a good story, likeable characters and amazing music pieces makes this one of my favourite games. I have too many to choose from but this just left so much of an impact on me, it wins above all else. I started playing through it again yesterday and am really excited! Very Happy

So... What's your favourite game or game series?
Fenni
Fenni

Back to top Go down

Your favourite game(s) Empty Re: Your favourite game(s)

Post by Aerifis Wed May 08, 2013 11:04 am

I got a lot of liking for any game --> yugioh~mechas and ps3 online!

But I mostly like the [hyperdimension Nerptunia] Series <3
https://youtu.be/YCoivEAMoSg plus I love the SRW series Crying or Very sad
Aerifis
Aerifis

Back to top Go down

Post by vaikepois Wed May 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Well dont remember really old games ive played. But my all time fav games that I remember are: League of legends, Tera, Ib, Minecraft, Diablo 3, Corpse Party.

well.. these i liked the most that i played and remember.
vaikepois
vaikepois

http://myanimelist.net/profile/vaikepois

Back to top Go down

Post by Linas Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

I am playing Tera right now, testing out Marvel Heroes. Sometimes coming back to Kingdom Hearts series, Shin Megami Tensei and Tales of Abyss. But usually playing something casual or something old.
Linas
Linas
Admin

https://synapse.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyshia Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm

So many on the list, where to start! and I love the Final Fantasy series too especially Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (Loyal fan of Zack Fair) xD Recently bought a 3DS and looking forward to getting Kingdom hearts dream drop distance when I get my money and that's Square Enix games that I absolutely adore Smile

Aside from RPG I love playing Rhythm games, Audition, SDO, O2jam and recently bought Rhythm thief and the emperor's treasure.

I'm obsessed with completing every Harvest Moon series there is from Gameboy to PSP to DS cept I don't have a Wii to complete the series there ;-;.

Classic games like Contra, Metal Slug, Mario - influenced by my brother, where we would play 2p and try to kill each other instead of completing the game missions.

GTA just so I get to kill innocent people off the streets.

Wyshia
Wyshia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down